Orchard Children's Ministry
We Strive to Create an Irresistible Environment Where
Children are . . .
GROUNDED to know who Jesus is.
GROWING in their relationship with Jesus.
GIVING their love to Jesus and others.
Orchard Children’s Ministry
Orchard seeks to help children discover Christ thought the FRUITS of our labor:
- Fun, Relationships, Unconditional Love, Integrity, Theology, and Service
- Orchard Sunday Mornings meets every Sunday at 9:15 a.m. in the Orchard Large Group area.
- Grapple Preteen Sunday Mornings meets every Sunday at 9:15 a.m. in the 5th and 6th Grade rooms.
- Worship Care (birth thru 1st grade) takes place Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. while parents are attending Worship Service.
- Planted gathers every Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
- Celebration Station is every Friday night form 7:00 to 9:30 p.m.
For more information or questions regarding Orchard Email Patrick
This ministry seeks to help children discover Christ, apply biblical truths to their lives and learn to minister to others through acts of service by serving all children, birth through sixth grade.
Orchard Sunday Mornings
Small group lessons are designed to build community as well as teach children how to live out what they believe. Kindergarten through 4th Graders gather in the large group room for a time of worship before they go to their individual classrooms for developmentally appropriate lessons.
Contenders Sunday Mornings
Contenders Sunday Morning is designed especially for the 5th-6th grade age group. Each week’s lessons dig into the Bible and “Grapple” with faith and life issues together. We intentionally create time for students to build community and personally apply the lessons through interactive small groups.
During Sunday morning Worship Service time, Kindergarten and First Graders have a small worship service that is designed to teach them the fundaments of worship at their developmental level that includes a sermonette intended to impact the Children in their spiritual journey.
Kids Own Worship
Kindergarteners-4th graders will enjoy a fun night of Worship and small groups!
The children come in and engage in wonderful Worship time praising the Lord and having fun with friends. There are also character building concepts taught during this time.
The children then break up into small groups with the same small group leader each week. Here they delve in deeper in what was discussed during big group time. There will be hands on activities, and time to write in their journals they will receive during class time, prayer time and weekly Bible verse time. They then join back together for more group time singing and learning. They end the night playing planned activities or having free time in the gym.
*All teachers are college/young adults that have been trained and background checked. They are devoted and care about each child that come into their rooms and are 100% dedicated to bringing them the truth of God.
If you have any questions, contact Allison Stephens at 918-808-3839
Planted 5.6 Home Groups
Planted 5.6 is a 5th-6th grade home-group meeting Wednesday nights. We meet the first 3 (or 4) Wednesdays of each month and then meet together on the final Wednesday of the month with the Youth Group. Each week we spend time playing entertaining games as well as reading the Bible. You are welcome to join any time and bringing friends is encouraged. Snacks are provided at each home! Transportation is available from the church. Meet at the Orchard check-in desk and we will leave no later than 6:15 and returning by 8:00. Planted 5.6 runs from 6:30-7:45 and meets at 6:20 on the final Wednesday of the month.
Celebration Station is a 52-week companion children’s resource to Celebrate Recovery. So while adults explore topics that bring healing and wholeness, kids discover the same truths in age-appropriate ways! Celebration Station gives kids…
- Hope for all the amazing things God has in store for them
- Truths that help them overcome life’s challenges by learning to lean on Jesus
- Joy as they embark on a wonderful, year-long journey of songs, games, videos, impactful experiences, and great conversation
- Friendships with other children
Celebration Station is designed to inspire kids ( 5 - 12 years old) with hope, joy, and happiness while they learn to rely on God.
“The Celebration Station dream is to put CR out of business by breaking cycles of dysfunction in our families.” John Baker, found of Celebrate Recovery.
Summer Calendar - Join Us!
Looking ahead to the Summer of 2013, plan on all these great children’s events:
- Holy Land Adventure: Athens Vacation Bible School, June 9 – 13
4 years old - completed 6th grade; VBS will meet in the evenings of June 9 - 13 Join us as we travel back to Athens and join Paul as he shares the truth!
- Children’s Summer Camp - June 24 – 28
Overnight camp for kids who have finished 2nd-6th grades, complete with games, swimming, Bible study, praise & worship
- Monday Movie Afternoons
- Wild Wednesdays
- One Day Mission - July 12
For kids who have completed K-2nd grade. This is a one day, in-town mission opportunity for kids to serve God by serving others.
- Orchard Mission Camp - July 24, 25, 26
In-town mission camp for kids who have completed 3rd-6th grades. Includes morning mission experiences and afternoon camp fun.
- Children’s Summer Worship Musical
- Serve N’ Swim
- Hoop It Up - Basketball Fundamentals Camp
- And more!
- We are planning on adding some fun preschool events too!
Basketball and Cheerleading for Kindergarten through 6th grade boys and girls.
The upward program provides a positive sports experience for every child.
- Friendly sports environment where children have fun
- Trained coached and referees who encourage your child
- Life lessons shared each practice.
- Teaches fundamentals
- Unique drafting system creates balanced teams
- Unique substitution system produces equal playing time
- Teaches fundamentals
- Positive cheers, chants and pom routines
- Encourages player and crown excitement on game day
Registration has ended and teams are formed for this year. If you want to sign up for next year, check back in September of 2013 for details. Thank you.
Additional Information at SHBC office, 918.743.8897 Contact person Email: Patrick Jackson, Pastor to Children
Looking to Serve?
We are looking for some servants of the Lord to help minister to these little ones and lead the Children’s Ministry toward being one of the most effective in the city of Tulsa. If you are interested please Email Patrick